Individual Medical Grant
Potential Maximum Grant: Up to $3,000 per individual
Grant Application Period: Open until November 30, 2020
- Will provide up to $1,000 per individual for COVID-19 related medical expenses not involving overnight or inpatient hospitalization. Eligible expenses include testing, medication, outpatient treatments, etc.
- Will provide up to $2,000 per individual for COVID-19 related medical expenses involving overnight or inpatient hospitalization of at least one (1) night.
- Will provide up to $3,000 per individual for COVID-19 related medical expenses involving overnight or inpatient hospitalization of at least three (3) nights and/or admittance into the Intensive Care Unit.
- Applicants may only apply [and receive funding] one time from this grant program.
- Grant is designed to provide relief for medical expenses including testing, prescription medications, breathing treatments, therapeutics, co-pays, and deductibles related to COVID-19 medical treatment during the covered period between March 1, 2020 and date of application submittal.
- Applications will be accepted through November 30, 2020, or until available grant funds are depleted, whichever occurs earlier. Awards will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
Applications for this grant must indicate a minimum of $150 expenditure for medical expenses.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be a resident of Okaloosa County. Businesses are not eligible to apply for this grant.
- Must demonstrate that the medical expenses were COVID-19 related such as a COVID-19 diagnostic test (positive or negative), or some other related medical treatment for recovery from COVID-19 during the covered period between March 1, 2020, to present.
- Must attest that the medical bill was either paid or that it will be paid by the applicant and that no other state or federal benefits or health insurance was received to pay the claim for the same dollars sought from this grant.
- Families can apply under a head of household as a group for convenience; however, combined expenses cannot exceed thresholds as noted above. Individuals from that household may still apply independently of the household, provided they are not included in the household application.
- Funding will be based on actual medical expenses minus any reimbursement received and adjustment markdown, up to the maximum.
- Parents/guardians must apply for children under the age of 18.
- Applicant can only receive funds from this grant once.
- Applicant must submit two (2) of the following to prove residency in Okaloosa County:
- Driver’s License
- State ID
- Voter Registration
- Homestead Exemption
- Rental Lease
- Military Orders
Additional Documentation Required:
- For inpatient grant levels ($2,000-$3,000), proof of positive COVID-19 test/letter of diagnosis/attestation from physician or laboratory (applicant may redact any medical information not related to COVID-19).
- Proof of expenses incurred.
- Proof of any applicable medical insurance.
- Attestation that applicant did not receive funds from another funding source to cover cost for which grant relief is sought to include but not limited to Medicaid, Medicare, Tricare, and private insurance.
- Disclosure of any other grants applied and/or approved for, and amounts applied for or approved.
Have questions about an Assistance Program or application? Visit the FAQ page to find more information.